Instructions to prepare the chai:
- Add the spices and tea in a pot or saucepan.
- Add the water.
- Bring to a low boil and cover.
- Steep for about 10 to 20 minutes on low heat. If you are not in a hurry, leave it on a very low heat for an hour or two to get a stronger infusion of flavors and beneficial compounds.
- Add milk and sugar.
- Heat until it’s simmering hot again while stirring constantly.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
Your chai is ready! Pour through a strainer and serve in mugs or glasses.